Wednesday, April 15

Life is like an apple.

To Isabel Phua:


Life is like an apple.
Be it red or green,
an apple.

Sometimes it seems so sweet,
cheerful and free,
and you love it to it's very bits.

Sometimes it's really sour,
gross and bitter,
and you feel like you've got no power.

I don't want this anymore!
I don't want the work, the stress,
and all this that bores.
I don't want to continue,
I wanna throw my apple,
away to the shore!

I know I once thought of that,
thought of giving up.
The friendships, the work,
and all the emotions involved.

It's not wrong.

Sometimes it's red,
causing a topsy turvy brake.
Sometimes it's green,
pushing us forward even when we're on a break.

Sometimes it's clean and fresh,
crunchy when you take a bite.
Sometimes it's rottn, and wormed,
awful to your sight.

But no matter what it is,
this is YOUR life!
Keep on running and overcoming,
even if you need to give it a dive.

I want my apple,
Lord I am Your clay,
to You, this life I live.

This is all you've gotta say.

No comments:

Post a Comment