Tuesday, January 13

When is my now?

There was a time I packed my dreams away
Living in a shell, hiding from myself.
There was a time when I was so afraid
I thought I’d reached the end.
Baby, that was then.
But I am made of more than my yesterdays.


I had to decide.
Was I gonna play it safe?
Or look somewhere deep inside,
Try to turn the tide.
Find the strength to take that step of faith?


Will I be able to sing/dance out the following reponse to the above verses?


This is my now,

And I am breathing in the moment.

As I look around,

I can’t believe the love I see.

My fear’s behind me,

Gone are the shadows and doubt.

That was then.

This is my now


Well, I was playing my iTunes on shuffle, and jordin sparks came on with this song and it made me think even harder and reflect upon my dreams in life. My dreams in dance, to be exact.


I once dreamt of being that world-class dancer, a person that can cause one who doesn't appreciate dance to fall in love with it, to travel the world and perform, or teach those little princesses what it means to dance and how to dance, but that dream seem to have faded behind unknowingly. Well, actually, I know why, but that's a whole long story of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment