Thursday, November 26

When I was Young



It's been long since I had a free wednesday.

Every wednesday, my schedule goes something like this:
800: Wake up for school
1000 - 1500: School
1500 - 1830/1900: CCA
2030 - 2230: Dance
It leaves me no space to slow down every Wednesday.
But today is different, today I do not have CCA nor dance! And I ended school at 2PM!

Honestly, I was extremely happy when I actually realised thi
s last night. I made plans to reach home by 4pm, go to the park, maybe cycle/run and spend some time journalling and praying (haven't really don
e that in quite awhile, miss it).

But plans changed when my brother called me to meet him since he was at whitesands. Here's the thing, although in the end, I didn't do what I planned to do. Walking around, shopping and spending that hour or so with him meant a lot. It's not very often that we get to walk around and spend time with one another with your As, and my busy schedule. So every time I spend with you means a lot. (:
Ps (to you kor)// Please don't go army )))': & don't get attached (if not i can't spend time with you ): boo)

But anyway, the reason why I'm blogging is this, I was on th
e bus going home and I was just looking at this little boy who was sitting down, dangling his cute croc-ed feet in the air, cause he can't reach the floor. He was super cute! (I want a baby brother )))): Bam. )

& I got reminded of how I was when I was a kid. (:

When I was young,

  • I hated it that my feet could never touch the floor when I sit down, but now all I wanna do be that small kid again and let my feet dangle there freely.
  • I would stand in front of a standing fan, and shout gibberish into it, just to hear my robot voice.
  • I would "fight" with my brother to get piggy-backed by my dad. :P
    A little dark, but that's my dad carrying my bro and i :D
  • I used to stare at people's bottoms when my family goes to Chinatown during CNY, just cause I was too short
  • I would steal the cane my mom always used on me, and attempt to hide or throw it away
  • I loved to wear my mom's high heels and walk around in them
  • I kissed and hugged my parents goodnight every single night (:
  • I would ALWAYS attempt to sit on the lift's handle whenever I'm in one without strangers around
CNY 2002, in my dad's office's lift.
  • I had friends, "bluff-friends", and "enemies", especially in primary school
  • I loved singing in the car, coming up with impromptu lyrics like "the sky is so blue.."
  • my brother and i would drag our matresses and pillows & bolsters over to our parent's room to sleep with them :P
  • every single birthday was spent with my family (we still do that! :D ) and it means so much to me!
my tenth birthday (:

Well, the thing is, we all have good memories of our past, but time does not let us live back in those care-free, non-busy, fun-filled days. Time only allows us to move forward in life, and allow such memories of the past to build on to our future.
Such memories, that may seem to fade away,
such memories that I treasure quite deeply.


No comments:

Post a Comment