Sunday, October 25

Give & take.

I started ballet in 1996,
started hiphop in 2008,
started ballroom in 2009's february 3rd.

I stopped ballet in late 2008,
stopped hiphop in end April 2009,
stopped ballroom in end June 2009.

July, August, September, October = no dance, AT ALL.

Dance WAS my life, it was something I held close to my heart, it was my identity. It wasn't something that I allowed to be taken away from me that easily, not my mom's advice during my busy periods, nor the discouragements along the way, nor my busy schedule, dance was me.

But when it all came to a stop, when dance became absent in my life,
it felt weird, a little empty, but mainly lost.
It felt like life wasn't exactly that complete, that life wasn't at it's best.

I began questioning God, doubting God and getting upset with Him. I couldn't understand why He had to take it all away, why put three dances in my life, just to remove it all away.
Basically, I struggled and wrestled with God.

But ultimately, I knew why at the end of it.
He took dance away from my life, just to teach me, surrender.
To show me that dance isn't me, but dance is what He has given to me.

Many times, during ballet exams, my prayers were just security blankets, it were just words to comfort myself that God's helping me. But I took it all into my hands, I danced with my strength, and not His. God didn't want my "security prayers", He wanted full surrender from me.

God takes things away,
just so that He can fill us.





No comments:

Post a Comment